Monday 20 January 2014

Subdomain redirect to blogger website

I already had a domain registered as was in use for my football club so I though why not to redirect the blogspot to a more easy name. so I did the following zyraxtech.blogspot.com ---> tech.fcrovers.org

First I went to godaddy from where I have got my domain, I went to Domain details and then first used forwarding of subdomain.
I added the domain in the following manner, you can change the alias as per you requirement.

then I went DNS zonefile and added the following entry as CNAME:
CNAME = tech , Points to = ghs.google.com

then go to blogger website and in settings -> Basic - > Publishing add tech.fcrovers.org

It normally takes time so be patient. :D
P.S: same could be achieved if you want to redirect website to domain name such as www.abc.com instead of a subdomain as in above example which was tech.abc.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment